Empowering people with disabilities to engage with and influence policy and practice in NI
What is LARG?
The Lobbying Activism & Research Group
Where can you find us?
At Willowbank Community Resource Centre
Who are we?
As the name suggests we are a group of people with disabilities who engage in lobbying activism & research around issues that affect us as citizens
What do we do?
- We empower ourselves and each other
- We influence policy by taking part in and responding to consultations
- We meet with elected representatives and public authorities to let them know how their decisions impact on us
- We influence practice by teaching social work students
When do we meet?
Wednesday afternoons at Willowbank
Why do we do it?
- We have a right to have our voices heard
- We want to hold people to account
- We want to learn and develop our skills and confidence
- We believe we are experts by experience when it comes to disability
How do you fit in?
- You could join the group – new members and fresh idea are always welcome
- You could attend some of our events or meetings
You could support our work